Following the removal of Muhammadu Sanusi ll as Emir of Kano by the state government, Abdullahi Ganduje appointed Aminu Ado Bayero as the new emir.
Sanusi ll was dethroned over alleged disrespect to the office of the governor and other government agencies.
Bayero’s appointment was announced few hours after Sanusi’s dethronement.
Here are interesting things to know about Ado Bayero
1. He is the son of the 13th Emir of Kano, Alhaji Dr. Ado Abdullahi Bayero, who reigned from 1963 till his death in 2014.
2. Bayero was born in 1961, attended Kofar Kudu Primary School in Kano Municipal and thereafter Birnin Kudu Secondary School in the present Jigawa State before he proceeded to Bayero University Kano where he obtained a degree in mass communication. Bayero also studied at Aviation School Oakland in California, USA and did his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) at Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Makurdi, Benue State.
3. The new emir was turbaned as Dan Majen Kano and District Head of Dala Local district and was later promoted to Dan Buran Kano and then named Turakin Kano. He was also Sarkin Dawakin Sakarin Gida Kano before elevated to Wamban Kano and then named emir of Bichi.
4. Bayero became the emir of Bichi in 2019 after Kano State governor Umaru Ganduje created four additional emirates.
5. This appointment makes him the 15th Emir of Kano in the ruling Fulani dynasty.
6. He is a graduate of Mass Communication from Bayero University, Kano.
7. He trained as a pilot in the United States of America and became one of the pioneer pilots of the defunct Kabo Air.