The presidential candidate of the African Action Congress, Omoyele Sowore, has responded to the claim by the Independent National Electoral Commission that his name has not been uploaded to the electoral body’s portal.
Sowore, in a video on Wednesday, debunked this, pointing out that it was not correct that his name was missing on INEC’s portal.
Recall that INEC had earlier said that two political parties were yet to upload their nominations for the 2023 presidential election.
INEC National Commissioner in charge of Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, identified the two parties as the New Nigeria People’s Party and the AAC.
Reacting, Sowore said, “It will be very clear this has nothing to do with the presidential candidate and his vice. That has been submitted and resolved and their names have been published all across the country, in INEC’s offices in the states.
“We are just trying to let you know this is not correct, we have submitted over 60 candidates across Nigeria who are going to be running the election under the banner of the AAC. There is nothing to panic about and we hope INEC will take note of this and ensure that they contact us in advance or check their records before they go out and say the AAC has not submitted names.”
Sowore stated that new names of other candidates contesting other positions had even been sent to INEC, noting that he was even at the INEC’s office today to meet with the director in charge of political parties.
“We are the party of the future. We are going to beat all these guys, that is why they are putting all kinds of propaganda out there,” he added.