Look at life as if it were a movie and you were directing. You have the power to change your life, so if you see a plot coming that you know will be stressful, say “cut!” and go in a different direction.
Stress is something we all have at one time or another. We all have different ways of dealing with it and trying to relieve it. Some meditate, some go for a jog or some other form of exercise and yet others listen to music. Here are six mindful ways that you can help rid the stress from your life.
1. Be careful of how you label events in your life. If you label something as a negative event, your body will react to it as a negative thing. Take a second to really think about what you are judging the situation to be, and then look for the silver lining or good in your surroundings so that you can have a positive outlook.
2. When you make a mistake while writing, you can flip the pencil over and erase it and start over. You can do the same with your thoughts. If you have a negative or stressful thought, say the word “delete” out loud and then think of a happy thought to replace it.
3. Use your imagination when you feel stress coming on. This gives your brain a chance to escape the real world and forget about the stress. Imagine lying on a beach with a margarita in hand, and for those few moments, your brain takes itself on an imaginary journey into relaxation.
4. Look at life as if it were a movie and you were directing. You have the power to change your life, so if you see a plot coming that you know will be stressful, say “cut!” and go in a different direction.
5. Make a list of the things that you value the most in life, and then go back and read this list whenever you are feeling stressed. It will give you a chance to relax and be thankful for what you have.
6. Visit a cemetery. Yes it sounds strange, but go and think about what you are stressing over. Think if it is something that you would want to stress about from your grave. It may help you get a little clarity on the situation.