The human touch has amazingly powerful benefits to both parties — physically, emotionally, physiologically, and even spiritually. Studies have revealed innumerable benefits. Unfortunately, some men have allowed their hands to withdraw from reaching for their wives. Here are seven meaningful touches every husband should use to reach for his wife.
1. Reach for your wife first thing in the morning. It may be a gentle pat as you’re getting out of bed or a hug when you first see each other but reach for her before you get busy with the day.
2. Throughout the day, a text or quick phone call is a great touch of affection that will go a long way in letting her know she is on your mind. A simple, “I love you.” or, “Just thinking about you and looking forward to the evening.”
3. Write a note the old-fashioned way. We’re so tech-savvy these days that sometimes an old-fashioned approach is more meaningful.
4. Whether your wife loves flowers, chocolate or shoes, sending these on “regular” days rather than typical celebration days will be a huge touch.
5. Save some energy so you can give your wife special attention when you return home. Embrace her warmly and greet her when you first enter the home.
6. Hold her hand at random times — driving, walking or just sitting at home.
7. Give her a back rub.