Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, actively operating in more than 190 countries.
We are offering a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and intelligent infrastructure, with a quickly growing focus on sustainability. To find answers to the toughest questions of our time, we need open-minded and curious people who dare to ask them. Just like the more than 405,000 people of Siemens. And maybe just like you.
For our Energy Division in Lagos, we are looking for:
Job Title: Project Manager
– Devise and implement strategies for strengthening market and customer commitments
– Lead projects within defined time and quality frame work to the satisfaction of the customer, whilst ensuring business success and compliance with application accounting standards and within the defined financial targets
– Devise suitable strategies for risk mitigation (elimination, reduction)
– Implement procedures for identification, analysis, implementation and controlling issues with all stakeholders
– Monitor the performance of subcontractor/partners, conduct timely escalation and initiates timely suitable action
– Identify further opportunities for business with partner(s)
– Plan the procurement strategy with the business coordinator
– Ensure regular financial controlling and reporting (concurrent costing/MIKA)
– Develop targeted financial models in agreement with corporate partners
– Define procedures and requirements concerning quality management (audits, test seals, acceptance checks) according to valid Quality Management regulations and standards
– Ensure efficient communication with all relevant stakeholders
– Monitor and ensures motivation of the project team
– Develop framework to ensure regular project compliance checks
– Minimum of 8 years experience consisting of at least 5 years exhaustive transformer service experience ( assembly, installation and commissioning), with at least 3 years proven track record as Project Manager or – Senior Commissioning Engineer (for and on behalf of reputable OEM or Utility Company)
– Good knowledge of Nigerian power sector, market participants and trends, as well as extensive knowledge of different transformer brands and typical service needs in Nigeria
– Proficiency in MS Office desktop applications, AutoCAD and Electrical Design software
– Knowledge of local contract law
– A first degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University
– Certification in Project Management
– Membership of NSE &/or COREN is an added advantage.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer; therefore all applications received will be treated with the same level of attention. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 8th September 2011.