The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is recruiting personnel for the following position in Abuja
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Project Revitalizing Adult and Youth Literacy in Nigeria)
Type of Contract: Service Contract l5
Post level: L5
Duration: One (1) year renewable subject to satisfactory performance
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and Supervision of the Administrative Officer, the Administrative Assistant provides functional administrative support to the Project « Revitalizing Adult and Youth literacy in Nigeria» in the Abuja Office in the delivery of quality services in correspondence Management effective Administrative and financial system, Asset Management. Maintenance of utilities, effective logistics Management.
The Administrative Assistant is expected to :
1. Support the monitoring of the Project financial performance by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate.
2. Detect potential over-under expenditure problems and works with the Project Officer and the Administrative Officer to ensure that these are addressed.
3. Develop tools and mechanisms for effective monitoring of the Project budget, compilation of financial data and provide accurate and up-dated financial information to the Project Officer on a regular basis.
4. Develop an effective and efficient filing system of the project files according to UNESCO Rules and Regulations.
5. Provide logistical and technical support to the Project implementation by facilitating 110tel reservations for conferences, meetings and workshops, preparation of missions for the Project Staff, calculation and payment of daily subsistence allowances to participants in line with UNESCO Rules and Regulations.
6. Maintain and update Project Asset Management requirements both physically and electronically.
7. Execute any other assignment as directed by the Project Officer or the Administrative Officer.
Qualification and Experience:
The ideal candidate should
Posses a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration of related field.
Have a minimum of 6 years experience preferably in programme/project finance management In the public or private sector. experience within the UN will be an added advantage;
Be fluent in oral and written English and proficient in current office software applications, excel and other accounting package.
Method of application
All applications should include functional e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers, letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae with copy of degrees. Application should be addressed In a sealed envelope to the
Director and Representative
and clearly marked – Admin Assistant Literacy Project”.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2011