Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading international manufacturer for the Oil & Gas sector. The Group is seeking for a Tax Specialist for its Operations in Nigeria
- The Tax Specialist will be in charge of preparing all the reporting and documents dealing with Taxes of the 4 companies in Nigeria.
- The person must know the principle of accounting and finance, and also must be able to interface with the accounting department.
- Complies with Company policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
- Assists Company areas in tax related matters.
- Provides support in connection with regulatory authorities’ requests and audits.
- Settles tax liabilities’ keeps the company information on applicable tax laws updated, determines the tax basis for calculating payments, prepares affidavits and updates tax ledgers.
- Prepare documentation for auditors monthly for the four companies in Nigeria; when to pay taxes, how much to pay, how much to ask to suppliers.
- Ability to understand the business, its context and its future evolution : constant updating of his/her unit management and conduction of the necessary reporting.
- Ability to establish effective business relationships with internal and external customers, anticipating their needs/expectations and continuously improving products/services/processes ensuring the Company’s interests are preserve
- Mastery, application and updating of technical and professional competencies of own unit. Ability to build professional networks.
- Personal commitment, tenacity and energy applied to his/her management. Ability to solve problems in order to achieve results.
- Ability to interact with people of any level, playing a leading role, stimulating team work, agreement achievement and cultural diversity management.
- Ability to guide, co-ordinate and control his/her team towards the Business objectives. Ability to develop his/her employees.
- Ability to manage information in a timely and effective manner, developing cooperation with others and choosing the best communication channel
Qualifications et experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- Minimum 3 years working experience, preferably in a similar role
- Must be computer literate(especially MS Excel,Pivot level & SAP)
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills – Oral & Written
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Rigorous and in a continuous personal & professional improvement process