Addax Petroleum is a subsidiary of the Sinopec Group, one of the largest oil and gas producers in China, the biggest oil refiner in Asia and the third largest worldwide.
Addax Petroleum’s assets are located in Nigeria, the Joint Development Zone of São Tomé & Príncipe, Gabon, Cameroon and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, comprising an excellent combination of oil and gas reserves and exploration opportunities. The Company’s approximate average oil production for 2011 was 140,000 bbl/d.
Addax Petroleum is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Principal Drilling Engineer (Jack-up Rigs)
Job No: 001162
Job Type (Employment Type): Consultant
Job Schedule: Full Time
Job Category: Drilling
Career Level: Senior(non-manager)
- Lead a team of drilling/completion and well test engineers in planning and supporting the safe and efficient delivery of development, exploration and appraisal wells in water-depths between 19ft and 200ft, offshore Nigeria (OML-123)
- operations involve the following special challenges:
- High angle/extended reach drilling
- casing cementations (long cement columns)
- drilling depleted reservoirs
- potential for deep leg penetrations (>150ft)
- use of splitter wellhead technology
- third party staff,service and equipment quality
- complex supply chain and logistics
- interaction with other (G&G) departments
- Lagos based, 28 / 28 rotation.
- A minimum of Masters Degree with 15 years relevant experience, of which at least 5 in a similar position.
- Extensive experience involving of jack-up operations, knowledge of semi’s and onshore operations would be beneficial.
- previous Nigerian /west african experience is advantageous.
- Technical / engineering qualification required.
- IWCF sub sea well control at supervisory level or equivalent.
- exemplary HSE leadership
- strong drive for continuous performance improvement
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of leading effectively in a multi-cultural society.
- team leadership capabilities
- completion and testing experience
- able to work under sustained high workload, meet tight deadlines yet still deliver quality work
- competence with drilling engineering software
- proficiency with spreadsheets, word processor and presentation software
- project management skills
- excellent knowledge of drilling engineering and international industry standards, ideally acquired while working for a large international operator
- good organization and project management skills, ensuring efficient application of the company’s well delivery and commercial processes
- contracts and contractor management
Application closes 29th September, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online