At GE Oil & Gas, we’re powering potential. Whether we’re developing technologies to make extraction safer and more efficient, or subsea devices that will usher in a new phase in drilling, GE’s Oil & Gas teams are committed to creating the high-tech products and solutions that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a flexible, creative environment that fosters the groundbreaking intellectual property and patents that make GE a global leader. Here you’ll have the opportunity to take control of your career within the engineering and business worlds, surrounded by diverse, credentialed talent who work together to make a real difference. If you’re a passionate, sound decision maker who thrives on the pursuit of perfection, then join GE in creating the next generation of oil and gas innovations and technologies that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Posted Position Title: SSPE Field Service Engineer
Job Number: 1648954
Business: GE Oil & Gas
Business Segment: Oil & Gas
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Field Services
The SSPE Field Service Engineer will be in charge of pre-defined operation, installation, maintenance, testing, adjustment; troubleshooting proactive support and representation and technical assistance based on good engineering, manufacturing, installation and operation practices as applicable to upstream oil exploration/production equipment and in accordance with contractual work scope requirements.
– Handle Operation, Installation, maintenance, commissioning, health check and trouble shooting of any of the following two product line (Subsea Wellhead, and Subsea Production System) in accordance with the company’s recommended procedures, methods & guides
– Demonstrate competence L2 in operation, offshore deployment, troubleshooting and testing of the following equipments: THS, Conventional & Horizontal XT, EDP/LPR, TDT, WITS and other SSPE’s
– Responsible for a comprehensive job pre-planning including all logistics, tooling, Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), & technical work scopes applicable to assignment.
– Utilize company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of materials, drawings, prior job reports etc.
– Engage in proactive interface with all functions of the company and our customers concerning technical, operational & EHS challenges as applicable to any Field assignment
company’s recommended procedures, methods & guides
– Handle the mentoring/coaching of entry level FSE’s; assess their technical competences and make appropriate recommendations
– Carry out root cause analysis on incidents and arrange report-out.
– Analyze or contribute to analysis and update of operating service procedures (OSP’s) and other supporting technical documentation.
– Ensure timely completion of all post job and administrative duties including but not limited to customer and service reports, timesheets, job debriefs and tooling tracking
– Responsible for safe & compliant performance of all activities in line with the company’s and our customer’s environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
– Maintain a strong customer relationship through a positive, proactive & professional approach
– Work on rotation of 28/28 or 42/14 or adhoc, with tendency to extended work shifts if required
– Handle the tracking and ordering of spares as required
– Perform other related duties as assigned by manager
– Degree qualified or equivalent certification in Mechanical Engineering
– Good knowledge of English language
– Strong years Subsea/Offshore with Vetco Equipment
– Completed requirement for entry and professional level FSE certification.
– Qualified as Lead FSE in GE Career ladder
– Demonstrated personnel management and leadership skills
– Excellent Customer relations skills
– Served as the primary customer interface on at least 5 jobs
– Lead pre-job preparation efforts and briefs and conducted post-job debrief
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
– Safety & Integrity Role Model with demonstrated ability to positively influence others
– Recognized and sought after for having a high level of competence in assigned Product Line(s)
– Ability to analyze and update Operating Service Procedure (OSP’s) and other supporting technical documentation
– Able to carry out root cause analysis (RCA) on incidents and present report-outs
– Demonstrated consistency in use of Wels/Epims/Pre-Job Planning
– Mentoring/Coaching ability
– Knowledge of operation, installation and / or maintenance exploration & production equipment on Offshore and Subsea.
– Certified to work in an offshore environment