There are four verses in the Christian Bible that state that God will make, or has made in a prophetic sense, a new earth. So being curious I asked, If all the saved are going to go to heaven after death then why is there going to be a new earth?
Here are the scriptures that mention the new earth.
“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.”
“For as the new heavens and the new earth Which I will make shall remain before Me,” says Yahweh, “So shall your descendants and your name remain.”
2 Peter 3:13
“Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.”
“Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”
“the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God”
My deductions :
1. The dead are still dead , both wicked, rich, good , poor , small and great.
2. Christ arrives with the trump sound of the arch angel
3. The dead in Christ are raised first with immortal bodies
4. We who are alive will meet the Lord in the air and our bodies will be changed to immortal in the twinkling of an eye.
5. Then Christ comes with us to earth to judge the wicked
6. After judgement, the wicked are punished, destroyed and cut off from the earth, together with Satan and his demons.
7. The earth is made new
8. We dwell in this new earth with Christ as our king forever.