As the world leader in next generation mobile technologies, Qualcomm ideas and inventions are driving wireless growth and helping to connect people to information, entertainment and one another. Qualcomm’s breakthrough technologies enable the convergence of mobile communications and consumer electronics, making wireless devices and services more personal, affordable and accessible to people everywhere.
Support Qualcomm licensees (ODMs/OEMs) in the testing, acceptance and technical support of Qualcomm powered 3G devices in African markets.
– Execute device testing (including field testing) and engage in device troubleshooting to achieve operator/brand acceptance of Qualcomm powered devices
– Provide hands-on, in-depth technical support of devices using log analysis and test tools, with a focus on device/network interoperability issues
– 3-7 years of experience in UMTS testing and /or troubleshooting
– Strong protocol knowledge of UMTS/HSPA/GSM/EDGE/GPRS. LTE is a plus.
– Testing/debugging/optimization experience with UMTS devices and/or networks through drive testing, log analysis, and post processing tools
– Knowledge of device logging tools. QXDM knowledge is a plus
– Knowledge of 3GPP specifications
– Good understanding of device operating systems, e.g. Android, Windows Mobile, BREW
– Experience with data protocols such as TCP/UDP/IP and tools like Ethereal
– Good communication skills in English are required
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Must be willing and be able to travel internationally on occasion
– Must be able to coordinate well within a cross-functional, global organization
Required: Bachelor’s, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Networks & Systems and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Master’s, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Networks & Systems and/or Electrical Engineering