Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
Job Title: Industry Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Team or role: Sales & Account Management
Job Type: Full time
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
- Target new customers and develop strong relationships with clients and their marketing services agencies.
- Develop case studies of successful campaigns in order to share insights with customers and to serve as an evangelist at targeted events and conferences.
- Champion new product releases, internally and externally.
- Analyze data trends and client performance, develop solid strategic sales plans, and prepare and conduct strategic pitches and sales presentations.
- Collaborate and consult with major customers with the goal of extending relationships, increasing client and agency base and optimizing their advertising expenditures.
- Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We’re uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google’s broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Solid online media experience with a good understanding of Google products.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think independently, deliver results under pressure, and adaptive to change
- Strong analytical thinking and outstanding ability to communicate conclusions and findings.
- Self-driven personality with a strong desire to take on big challenges.