Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Overall Purpose of Job:
Supports transaction planning and processing efforts to ensure all procurement activities are delivered in the most cost effective manner without compromising on quality and EHSQ standards, while meeting customer expectations for efficient and effective service delivery.
- Executes procurement plans to support business and operational needs based on requirements stated in the business plans and budgets of individual entities and departments.
- Makes useful recommendations for cost savings for more efficient and effective procurement and service delivery.
- Ensures the needs of requestors are proactively identified and met; takes appropriate actions by handling request orders, supporting tendering/bid management processes, contract negotiation, price management, service delivery, vendor management and communication efforts with suppliers.
- Supports procurement contract negotiation efforts as may be required from time to time; with supervision, negotiates favourable basic vendor agreements.
- Works to effectively remove any obstacles to ensure optimal delivery of services to the highest standards thereby achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Interprets contract provisions in processing procurement transactions.
- Management of request for quote (RFQ) or call for tender (CFT) process to obtain appropriate proposals/quotes from vendors.
- Prepares commercial evaluation, makes recommendation for bid selection, liaises with customers and prepares recommendation report; submits these for review and sign-off and approval by the Head, Procurement and customer’s management.
- Organizes technical evaluation of bids and ensures Purchase Orders comply with appropriate specifications, conditions and clauses; issues Purchase Orders for approval in line with process guidelines and specified approval limits.
- Work closely with suppliers and customers to improve operations and reduce costs
- Create integrated processes among Operations, Procurement, Logistics and outside suppliers to execute the planning/replenishment process
- Familiar with the development, use, and implementation of planning and forecasting systems
- Supports procurement, contract negotiation efforts as may be required from time to time; negotiates favorable basic vendor agreements
- Carries out vendors’ performance appraisal with support
- Maintains adequate vendor documentation and/or specification on sources of supply, costs, delivery, vendor performance ratings, and quality requirements
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timeliness and effectiveness of the company’s tendering management system and procedures and vendor selection
- Performance on internal audit examinations; number and complexity of queries raised
- Effective and timely delivery of deliverables
- Quality, timeliness and effectiveness of internal and external communications efforts
- Cost effectiveness of solutions deployed
- Internal Customer satisfaction level
Skills and Experience
- 1st degree from a reputable tertiary institution
- 2 – 4 years work experience, within a reputable and structured organization preferably an Oil and Gas multinational; prior General Administration experience is an advantage
- Negotiation & Contract Management
- Numeracy and Analytical skills
- Basic Accounting
- Project Management
- Creativity & Innovation
- Interpersonal Relations
- Good Oral & Written Communication
- Good PC Skills (incl. MS Office)
- Reporting & Presentation
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.