Sahara Reporters said a member of the community, Daniel Ibrahim, made the disclosure in a telephone call.
The abduction which reportedly took place on Wednesday has been confirmed by a security source.
“They (Boko Haram) abducted more than 20 girls from our town and killed many people, mostly old men and women,” Ibrahim said.
According to Mr. Ibrahim, who survived the attacks, the Islamist militants had been advancing towards Lassa since late November, but had met stiff resistance from determined local fighters until Wednesday.
He said the insurgents were finally able to overwhelm the local opposition and capture the town following their variety of heavy weaponry, including tanks and explosives.
“They burnt almost half of the town before they left. Those of us who were lucky fled, but they massacred aged ones and younger men they could catch,” he said.
He further revealed that the town fell to the insurgents because security operatives ignored their appeals to deploy more troops and to step up land and air operations.
“That’s why the town is now in the hands of Boko Haram,” he said.
However, a high ranking military officer attached to the 7th Division of the Nigerian Army based in Maiduguri, the state capital, confirmed that the military was aware of the development in Lassa.
However, the Nigerian Army have confirmed that they have fought back hundreds of Boko Haram terrorists who attacked the dynamite-manufacturing town of Ashaka in Gombe State.
It would be recalled that Boko Haram members abducted 91 persons from seven villages comprising Kumanza, Yaga and Dagu, Damboa and Dagu, Damboa and Askira Uba Local Government Areas of Borno State.
Meanwhile, over 234 school girls were kidnapped from Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok Borno State by the Boko Haram sect on April 14.