Vicolan Appropriate Technologies – A start up appropriate technology company, operating in the fields of real estate development and mortgage banking, solar homes, renewable energy systems and deployment, smart home automation on LTE network, development of z-wave devices for smart homes, multi-city geo-coding and location-based services, mobile applications development and renewable energy systems design, optimization and development.
- Market studies and analysis of the smart home and small business automation markets in Nigeria, with initial focus on Lagos, Ibadan and Abuja
- Requirements discovery, specifications and documentation, including requirement details and system constraints, using approved international standards and appropriate regulatory and environmental guidelines.
- Requirements analysis, business system modeling and overall business system architecture design
- Specific product market analysis, modeling, simulation, design, development management and product planning
- Marketing strategy development and initial marketing management
- Setting up of the international logistics structures and warehouses for the initial imports (and subsequent local assembly) of selected smart home devices, controllers and gateways
- System and device integration design for residential and commercial clients and the installation, validation testing and continuous warranty maintenance of installed systems.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the CEO.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering with a GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4-point system or 4.0 on a 5-point system
- Successful completion of the NYSC
- Sc. degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science with demonstrable expertise in the development of mobile telecommunications applications
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, MS Visio and MS Project
- Programming skills in Visual C/C#/C++, Java, Visual Basic and MS Visual Studio
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills