Jagal Group is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction, Manufacturing, FMCG and Technology industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country’s economy. Jagal Group is a highly respected member of the Nigerian business community and is consistently amongst the leaders of its business sectors. The Company possesses profound knowledge of the country’s social complexities and the political, economic and corporate systems, particularly those of the energy, real estate and manufacturing sectors.
To manage the monthly management reports (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow), manage the budgetary process and provide analytical financial support where necessary.To provide support to the Finance function as necessary.
- To manage Rack Centre’s reporting requirements and ensure excellence in terms of timely and accurate information.
- To develop within the team a sound knowledge of the accounting, finance, legal and regulatory issues of the various jurisdictions involved with our businesses including Nigeria.
- To develop and ensure adherence to Rack Centre’s finance and accounting policies and procedures in line with group guidelines in this regard.
- To adopt the highest standards of ethics and integrity and abide by the group’s code of business conduct and anti-bribery policy.
- To maintain the highest standards of confidentiality
- General Maintain integrity of Accounting system (software), ensuring it remains effective for reporting purposes.
- Finance Administration Analyse business performance / results, providing feedback to Senior Management.
- Ensure adequate and accurate monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Ensure all services are rebilled to clients in line with inter-company contracts.
- Ensure all partners and direct clients are accurately billed on time.
- Ensure that receivables are monitored and collections are up to date.
Budgeting / Forecasting & Reporting:
- Co-ordinate and prepare annual budgets for approval by the Commercial Director and MD.
- Where required, provide assistance / direction to managers with regards to the preparation of budgets
- Ensure the accurate preparation / reporting of monthly financial results in strict accordance with group deadlines.
- Ensure management reports are completed and reported in line with reporting deadlines.
- Prepare profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure any variations to budgets and forecasts are explained in management reports.
- On a monthly basis track and review expenditure against set budgets and prepare a variance report.
- Ensure all company assets are monitored and accurately accounted for.
- Be available as coach / mentor in assisting team members to develop in their positions.
- Ensure that relevant information is communicated to team members enabling them to effectively carry out their functions.
Business Planning :
- To support the business planning cycle with modelling support.
In addition to financial and management reporting as above, produce monthly/ quarterly reports as required including:-
- For Rack Centre Management Meetings with Rack Centre MD
- Activity reports on relevant issues/ initiatives to internal clients e.g MD, Procurement, Recruitment & HR
Reports to include but not be limited to:-
- Current status of transactions in process
- Historical and projected sales and profitability
- Concerns and Issues. Customer satisfaction levels.
- Risks and Improvement Opportunities
- Rack Centre Commercial Director
- Rack Centre MD
- Rack Centre Finance Manager
- Jagal financial officers
- Rack Centre functional managers and administration staff Auditors, Banks, Legal
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 7 years senior financial experience in a sophisticated and reputable company.
- CA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Good knowledge of the IT, Communications, Data Centre and/or related markets
- Excellent technical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Commercially minded with excellent financial modelling skills
- Team player Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Highly discrete and able to uphold the utmost confidentiality Self-motivated and excellent time and project management skills. Prepared to be hands-on to achieve results and maintain deadlines in all areas of the Commercial department.
- Resilient and able to contribute to the effective growth of a dynamic industry leading business
- Experience within the Telecommunications and/or IT Managed Services environment
- Culturally aware and sensitive International business experience.