Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
At Google, we’re passionate about the intersection of internet platforms, connected devices, content distribution, and Education. Our team’s mission is to create and support an integrated vision that injects all of the technical and cost advantages of thoughtful ICT into diverse classrooms around the globe. As a Program Manager within the Google for Education team, you will lead efforts to design, communicate, and iterate a unified vision to meet these diverse needs. Expect to take a leading role in solutions definition and architecture as we bring platforms, connected devices and digital content to impact Education around the world.
- Support a range of educational institutions or agencies in developing plans to improve network infrastructure, integration of ICT technology, and the deployment of Google solutions.
- Architect and manage the deployment of integrated solutions for education and industry, including Google and third-party systems.
- Support and drive engagements as needed with educational institutions, governments and technology partners.
- Lead program management initiatives across the team. Participate in projects that help scale the group; implement best practices and improve methodology.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Program management experience in the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- 5 years of program management experience, including 4 years of integration planning and solution architecture experience in the IT/Telecoms or ED-TECH space.
- Experience or familiarity in what it takes to deploy network infrastructure, systems integration, and/or cloud services for multi-user environments.
- Strong knowledge of basic technologies for campus networks and services (DNS, Web Services, TCP/IP, AAA, LMS, OpenID, LDAP etc.) and their cost-effective application to affect infrastructure development.
- Ability to think both strategically and execute tactically within a globally distributed team, while managing relationships with customers, partners, and cross-functional teams inside Google, and ability or familiarity in following emerging technologies, pedagogical trends, ICT cost factors, and their relevance in a diverse Education market.
The web is what you make of it, and the Chrome and Apps team is helping the world make more of the web. From open-source pros to user-experience extraordinaires, the team develops products like Chrome OS, Gmail and Google Docs that help users connect, communicate and collaborate with others. Our consumer products and Enterprise platforms are giving millions of users at homes, businesses, universities and nonprofits around the world the tools that shape their web experience — and changing the way they think about computing.
Do cool things that matter at Google Lagos.
Learn more about our Lagos office
Lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects and usher them through the entire lifecycle.
Learn more about our Program Management roles