Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Job Title: Painter/Blaster L1/L2
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotational
- Ensures that Company’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to works permits) as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance on painting operations placed under his responsibility.
- Responsible of respect of blasting and painting/coating specifications.
- Applies and verifies the surface preparation following relevant specifications and best practices.
- Provides technical knowledge, expertise and supervision blasting and painting operations.
- Verifies that all procedures, specifications and standards are followed.
- Inspects surface preparation before painting operations.
- Inspects painting products application in term of QA/QC (in particular verifies type of products applied and relevant thickness- wet & dry).
- Assists the planning team by giving any technical support for preparation of the jobs in his discipline.
- Check equipment calibration.
- Ensures that the operations planned work scope is managed effectively in accordance with agreed targets to avoid disruption.
- Manages the specific team of technicians within your discipline.
- If requested, identify resource requirements and deploy as necessary to safely liquidate specific scopes of work.
- Ensures that day to day requirements are met with regards to Scope, specifications and best practices.
- Undertakes any other duties which may be required (within individuals Competency) to ensure in the smooth running of the operation.
- Identifies present and potential problems, reports and discuss and proposes solutions/alternatives.
- Ensures that any faulty or damaged equipment is quarantined and details are reported.
- Where required, assists with methods support and return information to the relevant representative.
- Ensures awareness with KPI requirements.
The holder of this position must have the following qualifications:
- Diploma holder
- At least 5 years of experience in blasting/painting activities in industrial context
- NACE 1 or 2 certification or equivalent AQCPA – FROSIO
- Experience in oil and gas industry to have knowledge of the specific environment linked to HSE aspects
- Ability to work in a large multinational team
- Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site
- Working language: English mandatory, French is an advantage
Application Deadline: 16th August, 2016.