A lot of revelations have come to light on how the $2.1 billion meant for arms purchase was allegedly diverted into the presidential campaign of former president and the candidate of the party in the 2015 general elections, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. Former Minister of State for Finance, Bashir Yuguda, Col. Mohammed Sambo Dasuki (retd), a former National Security Adviser (NSA); Shuaibu Salisu, a former Director of Finance and Administration NSA’s office, Attahiru Dalhatu Bafawara, a former governor of Sokoto State; Sagir Attahiru, his son and Dalhatu Investment Limited are a few men in the Jonathan administration that are currently being tried for the offence. Months into the commencement of the investigation, the man who was at the helms while the looting was taking place, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has refused to say a word. In light of this, INFORMATION NIGERIA has gathered up the reasons why Jonathan must speak up now…
– The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under which Jonathan emerged as president has become an object of public ridicule and harsh criticisms and everyone in the party, whether innocent or guilty are being tagged as corrupt. In light of this shame, Jonathan must speak up to redeem his party, whose goodwill he enjoyed for years.
– If the PDP organised a dinner where billions of naira was raised money for Jonathan’s campaign, what then is the explanation for the armsgate? Jontahan must say.
– Jonathan can not act aloof in all these as these alleged crimes were perpetuated under his watch. He should clarify whether he instructed his former NSA to divert the money meant to fight Boko Haram into his campaign.
– Jonathan in the last administration held the highest authority, therefore must answer questions on what he knows or doesn’t know about the chilling revelations being made on the $2.1 billion arms deal.
– Jonathan had said that his government never awarded any contract in the range of US$2bn, so where did this money come from? Jonathan must tell Nigerians.
– It is disturbing to start to think it possible that one man (Dasuki), all by himself could have disbursed such mind-boggling amount without the approval of the President and Commander in Chief. If he (Dasuki) actually did it all on his own, then Jonathan must tell us where he traveled to or if Dasuki was the President in his stead.
Jonathan can no longer keep mum on this issue, it will do neither Jonathan nor Nigeria any good. We all want to get to the root of this matter, therefore let our former President speak up now or what do you think???
Ad ==> 3 fruits you need to eat at least once a day but you neglect, they will help improve your performance in bed