The Federal University of Technology, Akure, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the Non-teaching position below:
Job Title: Social Media Officer, Advancement
- A good first degree in English not below second class lower division with a high level of proficiency in writing in English.
- Additional qualifications in Social Media Use/Editing, Graphic Design and Coding will be a huge advantage.
- Experience in a communication environment. especially electronic distribution of information using the Internet.
- A thorough understanding of email systems such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Microsoft Outlook, and Office 365 and experience in using social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as well as a proven track record in the use of these social media platforms will bean advantage,
- Number of years of experience with demonstrable portfolio will determine placement
Conditions of Service
Conditions of service are similar to those in other institutions of higher learning in the country.
Application Deadline: 1st September, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are required to submit twenty (20) photocopies of their certificates, Curriculum Vitae and other relevant credentials in the format below:
- Name in full (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and date of birth
- Permanent home address
- Present Home Address
- Present postal address/GSM numbers/E-mail Address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Post applied for
- Educational institution attended (with dates)
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained (with dates) attach 3 copies of your credentials
- Present employment, status and salary both in level and amount
- Statement of experience , including full details of former and present post
- Extra-curricula activities
- Name and address of 3 referees
- Signature and date
All applications should be forwarded to:
Federal University of Technology,
In addition to stating the names and addresses of the Referees, candidates should request the Referees to send confidential reports on them under separate cover, direct to the Registrar using the address above. And marked “For the Attention of the Director of Establishments and Human Resources”
Note: Only application from candidates shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged via e-mail or SMS on mobile phone services.