Oando Plc Job Vacancy
Job Title: Account Officer- Payables
The Accounts Payables Officer is responsible for processing all third party and internal vouchers, staff expense claims as well as the coding of petty cash expenses.
He is also responsible for the general administration and processing of Staff Advances, Loans and all forms of Prepayments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Generating of invoices in Oracle for approved vendor’s bills and staff claims
– Liaise with P&S regularly to ensure invoices are received on time for payment
– Ensure Third party payments are processed within 24 hours of receipt/notification from P&S
– Ensure proper control and monitor approval before payment
– Review and liaise with P&S to ensure that vendor’s bills and staff claims are appropriately charged to the code headings
– Calculation of appropriate withholding taxes before payment to vendors.
– Monitoring of staff advances and inform payroll of long outstanding cash advances for recovery from staff salaries.
– Raising appropriate debit notes on intercompany transactions and appropriate journal entries in respect of various suppliers.
– Processing payments for VAT/WHT as well as other Statutory Deductions and/or Remittances.
– Performs other assigned duties as delegated by the Financial Accountant from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– 1st degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or any Social Science discipline.
– 1- 2 Years cognate work experience within a reputable and structured business environment
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
– Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
– Product Knowledge
– Book keeping
– Basic Accounting
– Financial Accounting
– Basic Tax knowledge
– Financial Analysis & Interpretation
– Oral & Written Communication
Application Closing Date August 8, 2011
To apply click here