APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 700 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
To assist /support the Chief Financial Officer in ensuring that the overall corporate governance is followed.
Responsible to ensure that all day to day business transaction are smooth and governance is maintained, including all Statutory compliance’s
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to Chief Financial Officer.
JOB TITLE: FINANCE MANAGER – APM TERMINALS, APAPA, LAGOS, NIGERIA
- Managing includes the daily financial accounting processes including, but not limited to, the control over general ledger, cashbooks, accounts payable, timely payment of suppliers invoices, management of the accounts receivable process, invoicing and receipt of payments, monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Ensuring timely and quality reporting of financials and other figures on a monthly basis.
- Reporting controls and control of the Company’s assets.
- Import process and preparation of all import documentation (Forms M, LC’s, duty payments etc).
- Statutory and legal compliance and timely completion of all statutory (Income Tax, PAYE, VAT, WHT and any other direct or indirect taxes that may be applicable).
- The preparation of required information for reporting to head and Regional offices on various financial matters as may be required from time to time.
- Liaising with external auditors, authorities and bankers.
- Assist the CFO in various financial models, decision making tools and other ad hoc projects.
- All other finance and accounting related activities not specifically mentioned above to ensure smooth daily operations.
- The position requires a professional standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in the finance and accounting
- Completed post-graduate studies in Accountancy or Finance management or related business studies.
- Minimum 7 years in finance roles including management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of setting of budgets, reporting in HFM, inventory control systems and accounting, knowledge of ERP systems, IFS financial software is an advantage.
- Understanding of Terminal Operations.
- Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Ability to drive strategic initiatives.
- Able to provide vision and empowers others to take action by effectively delegating.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives, and promote a team environment.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages