a) Manages proactive and reactive media relations to obtain and shape news coverage of the Organisation
b) Acts as Siemens spokesperson and coordinates & prepares internal subject matter experts to act as Organisation spokespeople in response to media requests
c) Oversees the development of story Press releases
d) Oversee the planning, coordination and execution of news conferences and other media events
- Adaption and implementation of division processes and media and communication strategy
a) Creates communications strategies and formulates appropriate messaging for sensitive and confidential materials to be communicated to internal and external audiences
b) Initiates, promotes and encourages effective internal and external communications strategies and practices at all levels of the institution
c) Leads the creation, editorial planning, content development, layout and production of internal newsletters (and the shift to electronic newsletters utility); internal portal (intranet); human resource communications
d) Oversees the research and development of news releases, articles, editorials, publications and other written communications products
e) Writes and coordinates speeches, briefing notes, and media articles for internal clients
- Work closely with top executives to ensure messaging is projected to organizational standards, throughout all possible resources.
- Create communication & media plans and implement communication activities, track and analyze their performance while ensuring that the overall branding and strategic objectives of the Organization are met.
a) Responsible for the Crisis Communication Plan; updates, and management of crisis communications preparedness & activity for the College
b) Participates on the Emergency Response/Business Continuity Task Team
- Leads and directs Special Projects measures and actions to ensure overall improvement organizational performance (business excellence).
Policies & Regulations
- Responsible for adherence to all internal, external and corporate policies, procedures and quality standards
- Proactive, comprehensive and continuous communication to group and division management, employees on all levels, regions and stakeholders to support achievement of business targets, employee and customer satisfaction
- Leads, directs and develops direct reports based on Siemens Management Tools (Staff Dialogue, SMR, competence management, etc.) to enable outstanding performance and career development. Identifies high potentials and assists in their development
Management & Delegation
- Effectively manages individuals, functions and teams. Creates successful cross-functional/cross-divisional/cross-national teams or strategic alliance. Effectively delegates responsibility and/or authority to subordinates with clear instructions
- At least 8 years experience in Corporate/Public Relations
- Experience in managing a multicultural organization and staff
- Education – First degree in Mass Communication or related discipline