Appen, Inc. a global leader in Linguistic Technology and Search Engine Improvement Solutions and services firm. We partner with clients at every step of the technology life cycle, from emerging to proven, to scale linguistic technology internationally.
The Hausa Discourse Transcriber will be checking the consistency of spelling and non-speaker noises, using established guidelines, in an online tool.
- Location: Remote, Global
- Hours: Immediate Start. Approximately 6-10 hours total.
- Length: 1 week
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Native or near native speaker of Hausa.
- Experience with conversational transcription.
- Must be able to follow spelling and tagging guidelines, as specified for project.
- Must be able to distinguish between bound and non-bound morphemes.
- Must be able to co-ordinate over Skype or similar for training, during standard Sydney, Australia work hours.
- Good typing and computer skills essential.
- Complete the AppenOnline Hausa spelling test, at least 90% pass.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Academic background in linguistics.
- Author of papers on spelling/orthography in Hausa.
- Experience teaching Hausa.
- Paypal account for easy payment.