Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. Our vision is to live in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
The Operations Assistant will work closely with the Operations Team, this role will be responsible for providing operational and administrative support to the entire Operations Management Team.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Information & Administrative Support
· Provide coordination support to the Operations Management Team – monitoring and establishing schedules, meetings, country visits etc.
· Support the collation and monitoring of the Operations Management Team work plan.
· Plan, set-up, co-ordinate and minute the key internal and external meetings and workshops relating to the Operations Management Team.
· Minute and document key decisions in meetings as required
· Any other relevant task as assigned by the line manager.
· Provide operational and administrative support to the Operations Management Team in regards to specific responses or Country Offices, including taking responsibility for minutes, contact lists, report collation and filing.
· The incumbent may be assigned to support the logistics department or programs in delivery key task assigned. The support can be administrative/coordination (e.g. developing GANTT charts, establishing meetings, information sharing).
· The incumbent may be deployed in support of humanitarian emergency responses, assessments, evaluations, reviews and/or surged to Country Offices.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 2years relevant working experience
- Proven experience in providing high quality administrative and personal assistant services to senior level staff
- Demonstrable ability to develop and maintain office and management information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation globally.
- Assertive and pro-active, with the ability to work on own initiative with little supervision
- A flexible approach with the ability to manage an unpredictable workload.
- Experience of problem solving & highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong capabilities with MS Windows, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to Save the Children values.