Fighting corruption was one of the major promises President Muhammadu Buhari made to Nigerians and upon assumption of office, he embarked on the path to actualizing the promise. However, a lot of reactions have trailed and continues to trail the fight against corruption by Buhari’s administration. In lieu of this, INFORMATION NIGERIA has put together five types of reactions that have trailed the anti-corruption war, especially since the arrest began…
1. In three press statements issued on Friday, 8th January, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, alleged plans by the APC and President Buhari’s administration to silence the opposition through a selective anti-corruption fight. This was in reaction to Olisa Metuh’s travail.
2. Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, on Saturday, 8 January, when the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, visited him at his home in Lagos said that he was confident that President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration would fight corruption conclusively.
He noted that the level of exposure concerning corruption under the Buhari administration showed that government was really tackling the vice.
3. The acting National Chairman of the PDP, Uche Secondus on Friday accused the APC of attempting to turn the country into a one-party state.
4. Ekiti state governor, Ayodele Fayose, last Friday said that the Buhari led Federeral Goverment and their anti-corruption crusade is not genuine rather it is partisian.
5. The APC National Secretary, Mala Buni, said that PDP is only trying to stampede and blackmail anti-corruption agencies over ongoing corruption cases being investigated”.
What’s your take???