PDP Is To Blame For Increasing Number Of Poor Nigerians – APC

The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has blamed the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the increasing number of Nigerians trapped in multidimensional poverty.

The APC Director of Publicity, Bala Ibrahim, said this during a Channels Television Programme on Monday stating that the ruling party should be exonerated from the development.

The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) had in the past weeks revealed that no fewer than 133 million people representing 63 per cent of Nigerians, are living in multidimensional poverty.

ALSO READ: APC Apologises To Donald Duke For Using His Picture For Tinubu’s Campaign

It revealed that 65 per cent of the poor people lived in the north, while the remaining 35 per cent were in the south.

He said: “I am happy the NBS did not say it was the APC that impoverished Nigerians. This poverty that has taken control of Nigeria is as a result of the misrule of the PDP for 16 years.

“The APC, since it came into power, has been doing everything to uplift the standard of living, to take people to the place of their ambitions, and it promised to provide succour, and it is doing so.”