More than 5 trillion ad impressions per year frustrate consumers and escalating use of personal data worries them. Upstream solves this problem of saturation vs. invasive targeting with our unique technology. Our marketing technology platform, MCS, processes big data, provides profound analytics in real time and uses machine learning algorithms to improve consumer purchase rates by 100% on average, adding more than $500 million to our clients’ revenues in 40 countries. 24 billion marketing messages have been exchanged through MCS with hundreds of millions of consumers in 23 languages. We’ve built the strongest knowledge base in the industry and the ability to drive better content, context and real-time adjustments that result in more convincing sales messages. We offer global coverage with offices in London, Redwood City, Rio de Janeiro, Singapore, Dubai, Athens, Bucharest and Rome.
Job Title: Project Manager
The Project Manager is based in Lagos, reports to the Head of Project Management and is focused on managing the implementation of Upstream’s mobile marketing campaigns in Nigeria. This role is ideal for someone with high potential who wishes to be rewarded for outstanding performance, while having the opportunity to gain valuable experience on large complex mobile marketing projects.
- Coordinating internal resources and/or third parties for the flawless execution of projects.
- Assisting in the definition of project specifications and client requirements, involving all relevant departments and ensuring technical feasibility and resource availability.
- Tracking progress through a solid project plan.
- Ensuring the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Reporting and escalating to management as needed.
- Managing client relationships and expectations.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with third parties.
- Writing clear briefs for the development, operations and support departments.
- Ensuring that all departments involved in the project operate as a united team.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Very good educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering.
- 3-6 years of work experience in project management and/or consulting in either the telecom or information technology sector.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in mobile technologies, software development and web technologies.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation.
- Self-driven, responsible, and able to take ownership on projects.
- Solid analytical thinking and problem solving capability.
- Attention to detail.
Salary & Benefits
Includes attractive competitive base salary and benefits, working closely with a highly motivated team in a dynamic and fast paced environment that provides the opportunity for rapid career development.