A couple of days ago, there was a top 20 Richest Men in Nigeria list that made the rounds online, purportedly released by Forbes.
I just discovered that the list didn’t really come from Forbes, but a blog called Strategic Business Team.
Forbes Africa wanted to clear the air and have released a statement.
Find it below…
The information that was published in a recent article that made reference to a list of the wealthiest Nigerian businessmen was not created nor produced by Forbes Africa or its parent company, Forbes.
Forbes Africa, its parent company in the United States, its affiliates and subsidiaries including staff, hereby unequivocally disassociates itself from the article, the content, thereof and any information that is related to it.
See the list below: –
Nigerian Billionaires and top 20 Richest People (Entrepreneurs) in Nigeria 2013
1. Alhaji Aliko Dangote –Founder of Dangote Group and Richest black man in the world
2. Mike Adenuga – Conoil, Equatorial Trust Bank, Globacom
3. Femi Otedola – ZENON Oil and Gas
4. Orji Uzor Kalu – Slok Group
5. Cosmos Maduka – Coscharis Group
6. Jimoh Ibrahim – Nicon Insurance, Global Fleet
7. Jim Ovia – Zenith Bank, Visafone
8. Pascal Dozie – MTN Nigeria, Diamond Bank
9. Oba Otudeko – Honeywell Group Nigeria
10. Alhaji Sayyu Dantata – MRS Group
11. Umaru Abdul Mutallab – former Chairman First Bank Plc, Mutallab Group
12. Prince Samuel Adedoyin – Doyin Group
13. Dele Fajemirokun – Chaiman Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic.
14. Chief Cletus Ibeto – Ibeto Group
15. Raymond Dokpesi – Daar Communication, AIT,
16. Tony Ezenna – Orange Group
17. Chief Molade Okoya Thomas – Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies
18. Ifeanyi Ubah – Capital oil and gas
19. Leo Stan Ekeh – Zinox
20. Fola Adeola – GTBank
21. Chief Ade Ojo – Elizade Motors Nig LTD, Distributor of Toyota cars