DHQ Alleges Plot To Discredit Military

Must Read

With 1 Game At Hand, Liverpool Open 16 Points Lead At The Top Of The Table

Liverpool have opened up a 16 points lead at the top of the league table following their 2-1 defeat...

Nnamdi Azikiwe University Grants 24 Readers Professorial Chair

According to reports, Nnamdi Azikiwe University has granted twenty-four academic staff members of the institution full professorial chair. This was...

Nigerian Newspaper Headlines Today: 24th January 2020

  We Are Working Hard To Avoid Spread Of Lassa Fever: Governors The Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) says states are taking...

Kwankwaso Is The Most Selfish Person I Know: Ganduje

  Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano, has described his predecessor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, as the most selfish person he knows. Ganduje had...

Southwest Governors, FG Reach Agreement On Amotekun

  The federal government and southwest governors have reached an agreement to draw up a legal framework for the Western...

The Defence Headquarters on Friday said intelligence reports have hinted fresh plan by some interest groups to embark on a renewed campaign aimed at attracting international condemnation and indictment of the Nigerian military and its operations in the northern part of the country.

Director of Defence Information, Major-General Chris Olukolade, in a statement said the said campaign is to rely heavily on doctored and falsified audio-visual materials, some of which are already trending in the social media. This, it said, would be coordinated and funded by a prominent political leader whose state is presently under the state of emergency.

“The details of the plan, which is already being fine-tuned by a group of media professionals, (are) to be presented for the final ratification and funding by the political figure. The design is expected to forcefully whip up sentiments of genocide allegedly targeted against a particular religious group.

“The planners of this crusade also hope to use it to gain some mileage in the drive to secure international attention as they have not achieved this sufficiently despite previous efforts. The programme, which is also meant to reinforce the ongoing media campaign against the military, was adopted as an alternative by those who are bent on politicising the ongoing counter-terrorism operations in the northern part of the country.

“It will be recalled that a newspaper, apparently testing the waters, last week published some of the doctored pictures which the Defence Headquarters instantly repudiated, pointing out that they do not represent activities or operations of the military.

“This headquarters wishes to reiterate its rejection of pictures and video footages from unverifiable sources claiming to reflect activities or so-called atrocities purportedly perpetrated by Nigerian security forces. They do not reflect or depict the true state of affairs or operations of Nigerian military or any of the security forces. The public is advised to watch out and not allow themselves to be hoodwinked by these acts of infamy orchestrated by this desperate group.”

It noted that the dastardly acts of terrorism are against all Nigerians and all peace-loving people all over the world; and that “no amount of propaganda by apologists of terror group can justify the evil acts of terrorism by attempting to cast the Nigerian military and security forces in bad light.”

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -