With less than nine days to the end of what could easily pass as an eventful year, Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose has predicted 20 things that will happen under the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration in 2016.
According to Fayose, these events are “unavoidable” and Nigerians should take note of them.
In a statement he personally signed on Monday, Fayose, listed the events as follows:
- Workers Strike: There will be so much industrial unrest, especially in the first quarter of the year.
- Subsidy: There will be removal of fuel subsidy and petrol (PMS) will sell over and above N100/litre, leaving the masses in more serious hardship. Product will not be available and long queue in petrol stations will persist throughout the first quarter of 2016 and beyond.
- Electricity: Power generation will drop to the lowest ebb. Still, Federal Government will increase tariff in 2016.
- Unemployment: Millions of jobs will be lost in 2016 as against the three million jobs promised by the APC yearly. Most States and Federal Government will retrench workers as evident in the over 2,000 Federal University workers already sacked.
- Economic Policy: Most private owned middle-class businesses will fold up because of bad economic policies of the Buhari-led government.
- Devaluation: The Naira will continue to have a free fall which will take it to as low as N320 to one Dollar.
- Economy: The Buhari-led FG will have no solution to country’s economic problems.
- Security: Boko Haram will keep spreading and the Shiite Muslims will get more emboldened.
- Human Rights: Penchant for dictatorship will rise with rampant human rights abuses and disobedience to court orders.
- Anti-Corruption: Insincerity in the fight against corruption will continue and the fight will not only be selective and political, but targeted more at Southerners.
- Elections: Attempt to forcefully control any of the South South States of Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa by the APC will lead to unprecedented deaths.
- Economy: Crude oil price will fall to below and about $30 per barrel.
- Anti-Press Laws: The masses, especially men of the media profession will rise against the FG’s plot to deny Nigerians of their rights to freedom of expression. There will wide condemnations by Nigerians and the International community against President Buhari’s human rights abuses and disobedience to court orders.
- Polity: Renewed efforts will be made to remove Senator Bukola Saraki as the Senate President; this will not only fail, but will heat the polity.
- Hardships: Nigerians will experience more hardships. The President himself attested to this (THE SUN newspaper Tuesday, December 15, 2015). This obviously negates the change Nigerians voted for.
- Elections: Plot by the APC to take control of at least one South South State will lead to death of many people. Particularly, rerun elections in Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States will cause many deaths.
- Corruption: Halliburton scam may be revisited in 2016.
- Kogi State: Court will sack Governor-Elect, Yahaya Bello.
Bayelsa State: Governor Seriake Dickson will win the supplementary election.
Taraba State: Governor Darius Ishaku will be victorious at the Court.
- Politics: There will be subtle political alignment and realignment before the end of the year ahead of 2019 elections.
I and my family will not be affected.
Our help is in the name of the Lord for He the Lord our God is mighty who made the heaven and earth. He shall never let us stumble or fall. For He is always watching over us and never sleeping. He is Jehovah who is caring for us Himself. He is our defender and He protect us day and night. He will keep us from all evil and preserve our life. He keeps his eyes upon us anywhere we go, and always guards us. For the mercy of God will not allow the wickedness of any man to over power Him in our life. Praise shall continually be unto God who will not allow us to be devoured. We shall escape with our lives from the hunters snare. For God will brake the snares and we shall escape in Jesus name. Amen
May God forgive and help us in anyway we hv wronged Him, Amen.
Don’t mind him, he’s not God that predicts. He should go and sit down. The prediction he made before Buhari was elected failed. Fayose himself should seek for forgiveness from God as he utters words of hatred to his human fellow. If this prediction did not not happen eventually, the he deserves to hang himself.
That Fayose is a stupid man, a reasonable governor will not talk in such a stupid manner. He nd his entire family shall witness all his predictions.
This gov will soon be quiet…he finks from his ass not his brain…let mi remind u gov abt ur tape of rigging d election 2016 will soon speak for u…u nt God…u neva wanted any change u and ur fellow poverty development party…ur partner femi fani kayode u both fink with ur ass…bunch of….m
Fayose Prophet of Doom
Made a lot of sense only to the wise and un blindfolded
Only a foolish person will not want to admit that everything that the DIGITAL GOVERNOR of Ekiti State said will happen in the first quarter of the foolish, idiotic and inhuman travelling minister who Nigerians think is a president (Muhammadu Buhari) that has not happened. ……People who vote for this change should take heart and bear with the change you all wanted. …….GOD BLESS the Nigerian Democracy HERO( DR. GOODLUCK E. JONATHAN ) for his wisdom so we all could experience the change that we wanted. …..Kudos to GEJ.