‘Royal baby announcement was sexist’ – Nigerian writer says

'Royal baby announcement was sexist' - Nigerian writer says

Blossom Ozurumba, a Nigerian writer and author has taken to social media to criticize the way the birth of baby Sussex was announced.

Recall Meghan Markle and Prince Harry welcomed their royal baby on Monday morning and had announced via their official IG page that the baby had been born writing: “It’s a boy!”

Blossom, however, did not approve of the emphasis laid on the baby being a boy.

She tweeted:

I am as overjoyed as their Royal Highnesses, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex but I must not fail to express my view that I have the exact distaste for this announcement as I had for the “Mama Na Boy” TV commercial produced by MTN Nigeria Limited in 2003 which was downright sexist.

'Royal baby announcement was sexist' - Nigerian writer says

Tags from the story
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, sussex

1 Comment

  • You are senselessly seeking attention. Were you expecting them to announce by declaring that the baby “is a male specie of homo sapiens” so that your warped mind can be satisfied?
    The MTN advert referred to an imaginary baby, this one is flesh and blood and he is not an hemaphrodite. Do well for yourself and get your mind working productively.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *