Controversies and the entertainment industry are intertwined. Truth be told, the year 2020 was quite engaging as it had a dime a dozen controversies stemming mainly from the music and movie industry. There were numerous hot topics and they all stirred mixed reactions among social media users. Information Nigeria brings to you carefully selected new reports that made the rounds.
- The rape allegation levied against singer, D’Banj. Earlier in the year, a woman, identified as Seyitan Babatayo accused the singer of rape. Babatayo claimed that the singer barged to her hotel room after he was given a spare key by the hotel’s facility, and he slept with her in 2018. The lady narrated the disturbing details of how the singer forced himself on her and she demanded a public apology from him. Although, the singer did not respond almost immediately, he released a public statement in which he denied these allegations and sued his accuser. D’Banj requested for a public apology and N100 million in damages amongst others. At the end, the singer and his accuser both reached a ‘non-monetary settlement’.
- Regina Daniels welcomed her first child with her husband, Ned Nwoko. The film star had shocked her fans with the news of her pregnancy and it was no different when she became a mother, to a baby boy.
- The rift between Cynthia Morgan and Jude Okoye. Morgan shook the internet after she granted a viral interview on Instagram live where she claimed that her former label boss, Jude Okoye, owed her money. She also alleged that she lost all she had, including her name, VEVO account, and royalties after they had some issues concerning her contract. Okoye came prepared as he debunked the claims and he posted copies of the contract they signed. Fans were left confused on who to support. The dance-hall singer is still requesting for her money till date.
- The feud between Erica and Laycon. Erica’s eviction from the Big Brother Naija house was one of the biggest highlights of the show. The reality TV star had a meltdown while in the House and she hurled insults at her fellow co-star, Laycon. This ultimately led to her getting voted off the show. In the beginning of the show, the duo started off as good friend till Laycon expressed his feelings for Erica, who preferred to be with Kiddwaya.
- Rosie and Kachi – These two won the hearts of viewers of the Ultimate Love reality show and they also emerged as winners. Sadly, the pair have both gone their separate ways. Kachi had an interview where he alleged that Rosie aborted his child. Rosie dismissed the claims and she accused Kachi of being violent towards her.
- Williams Uchemba – The actor faced immense criticisms from conservatives for not drinking the palm wine given to him by his bride on the day of their traditional marriage.
- 9ice – The singer got embroiled in a messy cheating scandal. A video which sees the married singer being affectionate with another woman surfaced online. 9ice tendered an apology to his wife. The singer also called on Nigerians to join him in saving his third marriage.
- Burna Boy – Popular singer, Damini Ogulu, alias Burna Boy, was called out by a model, Jo Pearl, who claimed that they have been together for over two years. Let’s not forget that the singer is romantically with Jamaican rapper, Stefflon Don. This revelation came as a shock to many.
Let us know what you think in the comment section below
Please don’t forget to subscribe, like, share, and check out our channel for more interesting videos.
Thanks for watching and see you on our next video