The death toll in Sunday’s bomb explosion in Mubi, Adamawa State, has risen from 14, earlier confirmed by the police to 18.
This is contained in a statement signed by the Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. Chris Olukolade, on Sunday in Abuja.
The statement also said that the number of injured people had risen to 19 as against 12 earlier confirmed by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Usman Abubakar.
It said that all the injured persons had been evacuated to hospitals for treatment.
The military spokesperson also said two suspects linked to the blast have been arrested. He, however, added that one of them later died in the hospital following an injury he sustained during the attack.
“A suspect who was said to have been identified with the car used in conveying the bomb device has been arrested by troops in the area.
“He is being interrogated while further investigation is ongoing”, the statement said.