Dasukigate: Accord Party Confirms Receiving N100m From Anenih Through Ladoja

Must Read

Sierra Leone Records First Case Of Coronavirus

Sierra Leone has recorded its first case of the new coronavirus.The government made this known on Tuesday, making it...

Coronavirus: US Regulator Approves Chloroquine For Emergency Treatment

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine alongside some other...

Coronavirus: Sultan Slams Muslim Clerics For Misleading Followers

Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, has slammed some Islamic clerics over their non-adherence to instructions by experts on...

COVID-19: Lockdown By Buhari Is Legal, Says Osinbajo

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo says the lockdown order by President Muhammadu Buhari on the federal capital territory (FCT), Lagos and...

Reps Donate 2 Months’ Salaries For Fight Against COVID-19

The members of the House of Representatives have resolved to donate their two months’ salary to support the fight...
daniel
Ardent Reader, News Freak, Socio-Political Commentator, Archaeologist & Pro-Democrat.

Rasheed LadojaAccord Party has confirmed receiving N100 million from a former chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Tony Anenih, ahead of the 2015 general elections.

The party said it got the money through its national leader, Senator Rashidi Ladoja, who was the party’s governorship candidate in Oyo State.

The party acknowledged the payment in a letter to the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu.

The letter, dated January 8, 2016 was signed by the national secretary of the party, Nureni Adisa.

Mr. Anenih is one of several high profile Nigerians discovered to have received payments from a $2.1 billion slush fund, originally meant for the purchase of arms and munitions for the Nigerian Armed Forces to effectively combat the Boko Haram insurgency but which was diverted by the erstwhile National Security Adviser, NSA, Sambo Dasuki.

The former PDP BoT chairman reportedly explained to the EFCC in a letter late last year that he was not a beneficiary of the sum, but that he was instructed by former President Goodluck Jonathan to release the funds to some political groups for mobilisation and post-election peace advocacy.

He stated in a letter to the EFCC that N100 million was given to the leader of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Olu Falae, N100 million to the leader of Accord, Mr. Ladoja, and N63 million to a group headed by leader of the Northern Elders Council, Tanko Yakassai.

Confirming receipt of the funds, in the letter titled, ‘Release of One Hundred Million by Chief Tony Anenih’, Mr. Adisa said, “Our attention has been drawn to a newspaper report that the sum of One Hundred Million Naira was released to the ACCORD leader, Senator Rashidi Ladoja by Chief Tony Anenih, the (former) Chairman BoT of the PDP.

“We confirm that the sum of One Hundred Million Naira was given to the party through our leader after series of meetings between the leadership of ACCORD and Chief Tony Anenih in preparation for the 2015 general elections”, said the letter.

Mr. Adisa highlighted three issues discussed at the said meetings, which according to him, led to the release of N100 million to Mr. Ladoja.

“There was need to support the presidential candidate of the PDP since ACCORD had no presidential candidate.

“The need to ensure that peace was maintained to enhance peaceful movement during periods of campaign, elections and after the elections.

“The need for the PDP to support ACCORD campaign effort”, said the letter.

Accordingly, the AP scribe said Mr. Anenih released N100 million “for these purposes through our leader, Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja”.

“The money released was accordingly used for the purposes as stated above”, Mr. Adisa added.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -