I Never Received N2bn From Recovered Loot, Malami Replies Reps

I Never Received N2bn From Recovered Loot, Malami Replies Reps
Abubakar Malami

Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN) has denied receiving N2 billion from recovered loot.

Recall that the house of representatives ad hoc committee probing the status of recovered loot had on Tuesday queried Malami on the N2 billion which it said was never approved as budgetary allocation.

However, the AGF insisted that the request did not originate from his office.

He stated this in a statement issued on Thursday by Umar Gwandu, Malami’s spokesperson.

Malami challenged any person with evidence of such payments made to him or his office to come out with proof.

Also Read: Police Arrest Gunmen Who Attacked Ortom

He expressed that all looted funds recovered so far have been applied in accordance with the agreements reached with nations from which the funds are repatriated.

He stated that prior to the repatriation of the recovered assets, Nigeria and relevant nations signed a memorandum of understanding as to what the monies will be used for, and the government has been working in compliance with all the provisions of multinational agreements reached.

“It was on the basis of the application of the said funds in line with the agreements that Nigeria earns reputation among international committee of nations which translated into further recoveries,” Malami said.

He said the federal government has a designated account at the CBN for all recovered assets.

“Malami has neither, as a person, nor as the attorney-general of the federation and minister of justice, not in any way received any funds from the recovered assets,” the statement reads.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here