Veteran Nigerian singer, Obiwon, took to his Facebook page to celebrate his wife, Nkechi, and he listed three things that doesn’t make marriage a good one.
In a post shared on his Facebook page, the singer stated that money, children or great sex doesn’t make marriage a good one.
In his words:
In my little years married and from what I’ve seen, I realise:
1. Money does not make a good marriage
2. Great sex does not make a good marriage
3. Children do not make a good marriage
Surely these three things enhance marriage, but they do not form the foundation. I opine that ultimately a good marriage is made of:
1. Two friends.
2. Fully and mutually yielded to God.
3. Fully and mutually submitting to each other, yielding humbly and unselfishly to one another, daily.
That, to me, is the foundation that withstands everything in the world and the imperfections of our human nature. After these than the first three can be added as the icing on the cake. If you’re reading this, my prayer for you is this foundation! Solid as a rock!
Nothing special. Just to say I love you @nkechisgram